- David Rosenberg on the general ugliness of the American system and the current dysfunctional operation of the American labor market. From ZeroHedge blog
- 10 Things Conservatives Don't Want You To Know About Reagan , written by Alex Seitz-Wald at AlterNet
- Simon Johnson (of MIT and "Baselinescenario" fame) writing on the corrupt and incestuous relationship between the financial sector (i.e. banks) and Congress. From Bloomberg
- Alice Schroeder writing about Meredith Whitney and her negative prediction on municipal bonds, and how that negative prediction does not endear her, to her Wall Street cohorts. From Bloomberg
- Republicans in Congress choking off manpower and resources to the SEC, so that the SEC cannot sufficiently perform its duties to keep markets fair, and stop fat cat cheaters. Some things never change.
- You have to subscribe to access this outstanding article written by Michael Rapoport of WSJ. But---there is another way to read the entire article. By going to Google search and inputting the title of the article "Risky Assets Still Lurk At Banks" into the box and do a search. Make sure this is a web search and not a news search. A superb article, and I rarely compliment WSJ on anything. A must read!!!
- The zillionth Chinese stock scam. Of course the U.S. exchanges and FINRA do nothing to protect investors from these scams, which members of FINRA are more than happy to take transaction commissions on, as investors possibly lose their pants. From ZeroHedge blog
- A well written and well-deserved defense of Bank of England governor (Central Bank chief) Mervyn King. By Richard Smith over at NakedCapitalism blog
- Some short notes on toxic mortgages from the FCIC report. Written by Rick Stine of Dow Jones
- A nice article on the importance of full employment for a healthy society. Written by Eileen Appelbaum at AlterNet
- China spying on Buddhists in India. Let's make the reality clear hear: Karmapa is a fake. Karmapa is a liar, and Karmapa is a slave to the government officials in Beijing. Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje you are a fraud and all Tibetans should know that!!! Written by Mark Maglier at the Los Angeles
- Our Female Vision of The Day: Sarah Shahi, in a photo gallery. You can use the arrows above the picture (going right) to see all 17 pics. Photos by MeInMyPlace.com and taken from Esquire.com
extremely pathetic Washington Redskins in this Marc Tracy story from Tablet Magazine. Along
with a brilliant video commentary from local sports anchor (and fellow member of the Tribe) Brett