Sunday, January 17, 2010

Martin Luther King Jr.

One of the great heros of our nation.  A man with a deep message for all peoples.  Nearly everyone has heard King's "I Have A Dream" speech. Fewer people have heard his "I've Been To The Mountain Top" which is also extremely moving.  King's choice of words, and cadence are just amazing.  Many of us can only fantasize about having speech skills (writing and oratory) of Dr. King.  I found a link from this site http://www.drmartinlutherkingjr.com/ which has the audio for the "I've Been To The Mountain Top" speech by King given 1968 in Memphis Tennessee.  He was there in part to support AFSCME sanitation workers.  If you have free time the next couple days (or any day), I strongly encourage you to take some time when the house is very quiet, the wife is out shopping or the kids are asleep, or steal some quiet moment and listen to the audio here.  You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Give Your Thoughts