Wednesday, January 31, 2018

An Excerpt From Walter Mondale's "The Good Fight", published by Scribner in 2010

An Excerpt From Walter Mondale's "The Good Fight", published by Scribner in 2010



I wanted to put an excerpt from a book (I do not have ANY copyright).  It was written by former Minnesota Senator and Presidential Nominee Walter Mondale (With David Hage).  The book was published by Scribner in 2010. I believe it shows the "crux" of the problem in American politics, that is, that the American voter "can't handle the truth", as a certain movie line goes.  I'm too lazy to type it out, so I scanned it. I'm putting this up as 2 files, one from the bottom of page 294 of Mondale's book, the second file is from the top of page 295 of Mondale's book.  It shows his thinking at the time for being honest with American voters and telling them that, yes, I was going to raise taxes:




No comments: